- 4 (5 oz.) fresh lobster tails
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic (from 1 garlic clove)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Using kitchen shears, cut straight down top center of lobster tail shell. Use a spoon to gently release lobster meat from each side of shell. Gently pull meat away from bottom of lobster, and place on top of shells. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and spoon 1 tablespoon of the butter over each. Bake in preheated oven until bright red and opaque, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1/4 cup melted butter in a small saucepan over medium-low. When ready to serve, remove butter from heat, and transfer to a small serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, chives, garlic, and salt. Serve lobster tails with citrus-herb butter and lemon wedges.
Source: My Recipes – Baked Lobster Tails with Citrus-Herb Butter