Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins
Full of bright flavors and textures, this summery dish would be ideal for a picnic or luncheon. Make Ahead: The cooked pasta and green beans can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, can use regular or buttermilk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated or brown sugar, either will work
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease or line a 12 cup muffin baking pan.
- Prepare the streusel topping in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter with the sugar
- Add the eggs and mix well, then add the milk and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and GENTLY combine using a rubber spatula until everything is moistened. It will be lumpy, don’t worry about that.
- Then VERY GENTLY, fold in the blueberries. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Fill the muffin cups to the very top.
- Then crumble the streusel topping over the tops.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Leave the muffins in the oven and after 5 minutes, reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.