- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop 8 oz. chocolate; set aside.
- Microwave remaining chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add butter; stir until melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts.
- (Note: If omitting nuts, increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent excessive spreading of cookie dough as cookies bake.)
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 13 min. or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Note: If omitting nuts, increase flour to 3/4 cup to prevent excessive spreading of cookie dough as cookies bake.