Grilled Salmon Sandwich with Lemon-Dill Mayo
A wonderful smoky salmon sandwich topped with garden-fresh vegetables. The recipes makes four sandwiches.
1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
2 Lemons, zest an juice
2 tablespoons dill
4 Salmon Fillets, about 4 ounces each
Fresh Bakery Bread sliced about 1/2 inch
1 Medium cucumber
1 Red Onion
1. Preheat the grill.
2. As the grill heats peel and seed the cucumber. Half the cucumber lengthwise and cut into 1/8 inch slices. Core and slice the tomato. Slice the onion into thin rings.
3. Mix the mayo ingredients together in a small bowl and divide in half. Rub the both sides of the salmon with the Lemon-Dill mixture.
4. Brush both sides of the bread with the olive oil and set aside.
5. Place the salmon on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. In the final minutes of cooking the salmon, place the bread on the grill to lightly toast both sides.
6. Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the remaining lemon-dill mayo over the toasted bread slices. Place a salmon fillet on each of four slices. Top with cucumbers, tomato slices, arugula and onion rings and season with salt salt pepper. Place the remaining slices on top of each sandwich and slice diagonally. Serve immediately.
Source: P. Allen Smith — Seasonal Recipes from the Garden