- 5 ounces (or 5 generous handfuls) salad
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Lucini
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Big hunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the arugula in the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Run a vegetable peeler along one of the flat sides of the Parmigiano Reggiano to create about ½ cup cheese shavings (you can also use the slicing blade of a box grater or a cheese planer). Toss the cheese shavings with the salad and serve immediately.
Source: Once Upon a Chef – Salad with Lemon, Olive Oil, and Parmigiano Reggiano