Vivian Howard’s Cilantro Lime Sweet Corn
Spicy and buttery, this is the perfect make-ahead corn dish for a summer barbecue.
- 4 cups corn (cut from about 5 ears)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the corn, 1-1/2 cups water, salt and sugar in a 10-inch skillet or medium saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes — until the corn is tender-crisp and there are about 2 tablespoons of water left in the pan.
- Stir in the butter, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve warm.
- Make-Ahead Instructions: This dish can be made up to a day ahead of time but wait to add the cilantro until right before serving.
Source: Jenn Segal Once Upon A Chef- Vivian Howard’s Cilantro Lime Sweet Corn