Zucchini with Cherry Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
About 4-6 ounces cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
4-5 ounces mozzarella, sliced
2 ounces goat (or feta) cheese, grumbled. — I use feta
Olive oil for sauteing, plus more for the top
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 500F with the pizza stone already in the oven.
2. Saute zucchini in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and beginning to color, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and toss them with the garlic, a little olive oil, freshly ground pepper, and half the basil.
4. Distribute the mozzarella and zucchini over the prepared dough, then add the tomatoes. Bake on a stone for 5 minutes, then add the goat (feta) cheese and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove, drizzle with a little more olive oil, and sprinkle on the rest of the basil.
Source: Deborah Madison’s book “Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone”