- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 8- ounce fresh salmon fillets
- Optional Beurre Blanc Sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, onion granules, garlic granules, oregano, thyme, paprika, white pepper, and cayenne pepper until combined. Set aside.
- Next, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large plate and mix in 2 tablespoons of the blackened seasoning using a fork or a whisk until completely combined.
- Add the salmon fillets to the mixture and coat it thoroughly on all sides. Set aside.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
- Place the blackened salmon fillets into the pan, turn the heat down to medium-low, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until well browned and the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and make the optional butter sauce and serve with the salmon.
- You can also grill the salmon instead of cooking in a pan over medium to high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
Source: Billy Parisi – Blacked Salmon