Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal
Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal is healthy, hearty, and so easy to make! This simple homemade oatmeal comes together on the stove top in just a few minutes and can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries.
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the blueberries, brown sugar, and sprinkle in the spices and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the blueberries are softened.
- Pour in the water, turn the heat up to high, and bring to a low boil. Add the oats and reduce the heat to medium/medium high. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 more minutes.
- Continue cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve with milk or cream if desired.
Source: Sugar Dish Me – Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal