Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
If you love apple pie or apple crumble, you’ll LOVE this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal! Warm, cozy, and loaded with cooked apples plus all the delicious spices.
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium crisp apple, about 1 1/2 cups diced
- 3 tablespoons honey (OR 2 tablespoons brown sugar), plus a little more to drizzle over the finished oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (or gluten free oats!)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add 1 cup of the apples, the honey or brown sugar, and sprinkle in the spices and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the apples are softened.
- Pour in the water, turn the heat up to high, and bring to a low boil. Add the oats and reduce the heat to medium/medium high. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the walnuts (if using), and continue cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed. Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, sprinkle each with the remaining apples, drizzle with a little more honey, and splash 1/4 cup milk into each bowl.
Source: Sugar Dish Me – Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal