The rich but bright marinade on this swordfish would work well with shrimp, scallops, or tuna. Or use them all to make a mixed-seafood brochette.
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro; more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. coarse-grained mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lb. swordfish steaks, cut into 12 pieces, about 1-1/2 inches each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the scallions, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger, and mustard. Whisk in the oil.
- Season the swordfish with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper, then toss with the marinade. Let sit at room temperature while the grill heats.
- Grill or Broil. Prepare a medium-high (400°F to 475°F) gas or charcoal grill fire or set broiler to high. Thread the swordfish onto metal or soaked wooden skewers, and grill, covered and turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. In a broiler cook for 4 minutes then flip and broil another 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, and sprinkle with more cilantro. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Source: Fine Cooking – Swordfish Brochettes