Caeser Salad and Croutons
2 hard-boiled egg whites, finely chopped
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 garlic clove, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 drops Tabasco sauce
5 drops Worcestershire sauce
3 cloves garlic finely minced or grated
1/3 cup olive oil
6 slice of bread, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
1. If a mixer is available, combine all of the ingredients and blend together. Once blended hand mix the Parmesan cheese into the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. The ingredients can be hand mixed but the dressing may come out a bit more chunky.
2. For the crouton combine the garlic and and oil, cover and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes but no more than 3 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Place the bread crumbs in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pour the garlic/oil mixture over the bread and gently stir to coat.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Add the dressing, croutons and salad into a bowl and toss well.
Source: Burt Wolf’s book “Eating Well”