Fresh Mozzarella, Spinach Pesto and Mushroom Pizza
8 oz. cremini mushrooms
4 oz. (4 packed cups) baby spinach
1 oz. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1 cup using a rasp grater)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large minced garlic clove
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1/4 recipe Pizza Dough
1. Preheat the oven to 500F with the pizza stone already in the oven.
2. Roll or stretch the dough into a 10-inch circle, set it on a floured peel or pizza pan, and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Pulse the spinach, Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a food processor until chopped. With the motor running, drizzle in the oil to make a smooth, creamy pesto.
4. Slice then saute the mushrooms in olive oil until tender, 5 minute or so.
5. Spread the pesto over the dough. Arrange the mozzarella over the pesto. Top with the mushrooms. Broil just until the cheese is melted, 7 minutes minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: Fine Cooking Fresh Mozzarella and Spinach Pesto Melts