Cod, Glazed Baby Carrots, Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
1lb Cod fillet (about and incg thick), skin on, cut into two pieces
handful of baby carrots
4 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of honey
small handful of finely chopped parsley
a good pinch of finely chopped thyme
juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons of capers
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Take the fish out of the fridge, pour some olive oil over it, and let it sit for 15 minutes or so.
3. Once the oven is up to temperature, and your fish no longer feels really cold, take the fish out of the oil, and place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little sea salt, and put in the oven for approximately 17 minutes.
4. Put the carrots in a saute pan, along with 1 tablespoon of butter, and the honey. Fill with enough water to almost cover the carrots. Get this boiling over a high heat. Reduce to a strong simmer. Stir the carrots from time to time. Once the carrots are down add a pinch of salt and the parsley. Stir and plate.
5. Take note of the tips for glazing above – When the liquid has reduced to a syrupy glaze, remove from the heat.
6. To make the sauce – melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan or saute pan. When foaming, fry the capers for a few seconds. Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Off the heat whisk in two tablespoons of butter and the chopped thyme.
7. Remove the fish from oven, divide the carrots between two plates, top the carrots with the roasted fish. Pour over the sauce.
Source: Wrightfood Cod, Glazed Baby Carrots, Lemon Butter Caper Sauce