Kale Pesto Pappardelle
A kale pesto pappardelle for a light delicious meal..
- 5-6 cups kale curly or lacinato ; stemmed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 pine nuts or hazelnuts ; toasted or chopped
- 1/8-1/4 nutmeg ; freshly grated
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper ; to taste
- 1/3-1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb papperdelle pasta
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add kale; cook 1 minute. Drain and plunge kale into ice water. Drain; squeeze excess liquid from kale.
- In a food processor, add the kale, nuts, parmesan, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Pulse several times until the mixture is chopped but still chunky. Scrape down the sides and with the processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended.
- Cook 1 lb pappardelle pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Toss pesto, pasta and pasta water to combine.
Source: Rachel Ray – Kale Pesto Pappardelle