- 1 package (20 ounces) fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 pint or 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese – optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley – optional
- Boil tortellini according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and whisk in grated Parmesan cheese, the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Simmer sauce a minute or two.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in pasta and heat to warm.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan and chopped parsley on top if you like.
Source: The Mom Cooking – Lemon Cream Tortellini