- 1 (16- to 20-ounce) package refrigerated tortellini (any type will work)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls, halved, quartered, or cubed if large
- 1 cup roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce can) artichoke hearts, roughly sliced or chopped
- ½ cup olives, any color, any type, drained and halved
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto, store-bought or homemade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup torn or chiffonaded basil leaves
- Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain, rinse quickly with cool water, and immediately toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, spinach, artichoke hearts, olives and onion in a large serving bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a small container or bowl, combine the pesto, 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and the Parmesan if using.
- Add the cooled tortellini to the bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle the basil over it and serve.
- Substitute in baby kale for the spinach
- Add in bite-sized pieces of other vegetables such as grilled, steamed, or roasted broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus.