Marinated Mixed Bean Sandwiches
Coating the herbs in oil and soaking the shallot in vinegar prevents oxidation, so you can keep these beans for days. Only double the herbs, beans and pepper to double the recipe.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tender herbs (such as mint, parsley, cilantro, chives, and/or dill)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, navy beans, black-eyed peas, or chickpeas, or a mix, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo-style pepper or gochugaru (coarse Korean hot pepper flakes)
- Kosher salt
- 2 kaiser rolls slice in half
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix herbs and oil in a large bowl to coat herbs. Add beans and red pepper and toss to combine. Season generously with salt.
- Add shallot mixture to bean mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Toast the buns in a broiler for 45-60 seconds or until lightly browned.
- Spoon the bean mixture of the rolls and serve.
Source: Epicurious – Marinated Mixed Beans