- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 5 cups dinosaur (tuscan) kale
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A hand-full of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta in boiling water for minutes 5 minutes less than package instructions (or until almost tender). Add kale, and cook for the remaining 5 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- While pasta cooks, heat to a large skillet to medium-low. Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and garlic to olive oil in pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pasta mixture, reserved 1/3 cup cooking liquid, black pepper, and salt to pan; toss to combine. Top pasta mixture with the cheese mix to combine.
Source: My Recipes Orecchiette with Kale, Bacon, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes