- 10 roasted tomato halves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- Handful fresh basil leaves, to taste
1. Roast the tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve 5 plum tomatoes. On two large rimmed baking sheets, arrange tomatoes, cut side up, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until softened and edges are crinkled, about 1 hour. Let cool, roughly chop.
2. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot.
3. Combine tomatoes, oil, capers (if using), and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta with the tomato mixture. Serve pasta topped with basil.
Source: Martha Stewart Pasta with Roasted Tomato Sauce