These toast points are a versatile base for all kinds of hors d’oeuvres.
- 4 slices country white bread or white bread
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Adjust an oven rack to 6 inches from the broiler and turn the broiler on to high.
- Set the bread on a baking sheet, brush one side with the melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread until it’s golden brown and crisp on top, about 1 minute.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden, about 1 minute.
- While the bread is still hot, slice off the edges. Let cool slightly. Spread with your choice of toppings before cutting into squares or triangles.
Source: Fine Cooking – Toast Points