Spiced Shrimp and Avocado Toasts
A tasty appetizer or light meal.
- 12 large shrimp (about 1/2 lb.), peeled, deveined, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 recipe of Toast Points
- Season the shrimp with the combined spices. Set a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and shrimp and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque and firm to the touch, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut in half lengthwise.
- Pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add 1 Tbs. lime juice, the chopped cilantro. Mash with a fork until relatively smooth and season with a heaping 1/2 tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasts and slice each toast into four even rectangles. Top each with two halved pieces of shrimp and serve.
Source: Fine Cooking – Spiced Shrimp and Avocado Toasts