- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brush the outsides of each sandwich with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the insides of each sandwich.
- On four slices of bread, layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Source: Taste of Home Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese