Tuna Melts with Avocado
You can serve these with carrot and celery sticks and a bit of light ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 avocado diced into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup shredded or 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) pieces French bread, halved lengthwise and toasted
Preheat broiler to high.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to coat.
Add avocado mixture and tomatoes to tuna mixture; toss well to combine.
Toast the bread for about 45 seconds in the broiler.
Then sprinkle cheese evenly over cut sides of bread, and broil for about 1 minute or until cheese is bubbly.
Place 1 bread slice, cheese side up, on each of 4 plates, and divide tuna mixture evenly among bread slices.
Source: My Recipes – Tuna Melts with Avocado