The crisp-tender texture and robust flavor of thinly sliced Tuscan kale stands up to the tart, Caesar-like dressing of this hearty slaw.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 anchovy fillets packed in oil drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg peeled
- 14 ounces Tuscan kale or other kale about 8 cups, center stalks removed, thinly sliced crosswise
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender; purée until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil, drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing. Transfer dressing to a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. DO AHEAD Dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Separate egg white from yolk. Place egg white in a coarse-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Press egg white through strainer with the back of a spoon; scrape egg white from bottom of strainer. Repeat with egg yolk, using a clean strainer and bowl. DO AHEAD Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover bowls separately and chill.
Toss kale and dressing in a large bowl to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and sieved eggs.