Tuna with Penne Pasta
An easy to prepare dish with loads of flavor, prep is quick, too!
- 16 ounces package uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic gloves
- 1 (14 ounces) can of tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ teaspoon red peper flakes
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cans of tuna (6 ounces each) with juices
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve a 1/3 cup of water.
- In a 10 inch skillet, add olive and garlic, cook until garlic just begins to brown, remove and discard. Add the tomatoes, capers, olives, red pepper flakes, artichoke hearts and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Break the tuna into the sauce, add the reserved cooking water, toss then add the basil and parsley. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving serve a small amount of lemon juice over the pasta. Serve immediately and top with fresh parmigiano reggiano if you like.
Source: Mike’s Kitchen- Tuna with Penne Pasta