- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 cup)
- Place basil, oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a mini food processor. Process until mostly smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add greens, beans, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss to coat.
Source: Eating Well – Carolyn Casner – Tomato, Cucumber & White-Bean Salad with Basil Vinaigrette