Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash Rounds
An easy and delicious squash recipe requiring just two ingredients: yellow squash and grated Parmesan
- 2 medium-sized yellow summer squash
- Garlic salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place an oven rack in the center position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil (lightly misted with nonstick cooking spray) OR parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the squash, and then cut each one into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange the squash rounds on the prepared pan, with little to no space between them. Lightly sprinkle the squash with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use a small spoon to spread a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on each slice of squash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Parmesan melts and turns a light golden brown. (Watch these closely the first time you make them and pull them out of the oven early if the Parmesan is golden before 15 minutes. Alternatively, you may broil them for a minute or two at the end of the cooking time to speed up the browning.) Serve immediately.
Source: Samantha Skaggs- Five Heart Home – Baked Parmesan Yellow Squash Rounds