A great zucchini bread that is light yet tasty.
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 (or 8×4) inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, and zucchini together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently whisk until *just* combined; do not overmix. Batter will be semi-thick. Spread the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes. (I like to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent heavy browning on top.) Baking times vary so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out *mostly* clean with zero raw batter.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction – Zucchini Bread