Orzo with Cucumber, Tomatoes, and Feta
This easy summer side dish is delicious served with with lamb, fish, chicken or steaks. It is also a light refreshing meal along side freshly baked bread or naan.
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons
- 12 oz. halved grape tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped fresh tender herbs (such as parsley, mint, and basil)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. white-wine vinegar, more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. crumbled feta (about 1 cup)
- Cook the orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain, rinse briefly with cool water, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Toss the orzo with the cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, onion, olive oil, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more vinegar. Sprinkle with the feta, and serve.
NutritionCalories (kcal) : 230; Fat Calories (kcal): 100; Fat (g): 11; Saturated Fat (g): 4; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 6; Cholesterol (mg): 15; Sodium (mg): 320; Carbohydrates (g): 26; Fiber (g): 2; Sugar (g): 4; Protein (g): 7
Source: Fine Cooking – Orzo with Cucumber, Tomatoes, and Feta