Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa
The recipe was found in two places at Fine Cooking. Though they were similar, I used the recipe that was include with the quinoa and black bean burger. It called for a 1/2 teaspoon more of the white part of a scallion and a 1/2 teaspoon more of serrano chile. Additionally since I did not have either a scallion or chile on had I substituted a white onion and jalapeno.
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, chopped
- 1 medium tomatillo, chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. thinly sliced scallion whites
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh serrano chile; more to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice; more to taste
- Mash the avocado into a chunky paste.
- Finely chop the tomatillo, scallion, garlic, and serrano chile and add it to the the avocado.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more chile.
Source: Fine Cooking – Tomatillo and Avocado Salsa