Zucchini with Feta and Olives
3 or 4 small green or yellow zucchini (about 1 pound)
4 teaspoons basil pesto
12 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
4 ounces feta, crumbled
Salt and pepper
1. Cut a small slice off both long sides of the zucchini to create two float spots, which will allow the zucchini to sit flat. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out he seeds leaving a pocket down the length. Repeat with each zucchini.
2. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees.
3. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan frying pan or skillet oven medium heat.
4. Brush the zucchini with olive oil and cook until the zucchini softens, flip as necessary. This process will take about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the zucchini to a baking dish. Lightly salt and pepper the zucchini. In the cavity of the zucchini add the pesto in a thin, even layer, the the olives and finally the feta. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. Let the zucchini cool a few minutes and either cut in 2-inch pieces if serving as an appetizers or leave whole if as part of an entree.
Source: Fine Cooking, Appetizers 2013 page 49