- 2 zucchini (1 pound total), cut into thin slices
- 2 small yellow squashes (1 pound total), cut into thin slices
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 ounce Pecorino Romano, coarsely grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Generously sprinkle zucchini and squash slices with salt; let stand in a colander 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, Dijon, and honey. Drizzle mixture over slices.
- Add pine nuts, cheese, and basil; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
Source: Martha Stewart Zucchini and Squash Salad